Provided an organisation meets the Eligibility Criteria listed below for the Cisco program, donation requests can be made in line with the following entitlement guidelines:
- Organisations may request one Cisco donation per fiscal year (1st July – 30th June), with the total administrative fees for all ordered items not to exceed USD $4,800.00 per fiscal year.
- Donation requests, once approved, may take up to 8 weeks to fulfil; please plan accordingly.
- Cisco may, at its sole discretion, provide "functionally equivalent" substitute product(s) for any request or order.
- Cisco products may not be transferred or resold.
- Recipient organisations are required to sign an Equipment Donation Agreement.
Please see the Cisco program FAQs for further information.
This program is currently available only to eligible Nonprofits
Products will be distributed to eligible organisations only, not to individuals, and within the Cisco Guidelines.
An organisation must have an annual budget of less than USD $20 million.
Organisations which provide the following types of direct services MAY be eligible to receive Cisco donations through this program.
Please note: Organisations whose scope of activities includes work in developing countries are encouraged to seek Cisco donations through this program.
Affiliates of a national organisation (such as the YMCA and the British Red Cross) that has more than 20 locations (even if those affiliates are considered separate entities and are not funded by the national organisation) are not eligible for Cisco donations.
After the Enclude Tech Donations program request process is complete, the Enclude Tech Donations program Cisco account management team might request additional information to verify that the organisation matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. In particular, an organisation must be able to show that their focus is serving economically disadvantaged people.
Cisco requests may not include non-Cisco item requests. Any non-Cisco items must be requested separately so they are not subject to the Cisco processing delay.
A range of direct-service nonprofit organisations that primarily serve economically disadvantaged people are eligible to receive Cisco donations. Please make sure that your organisation's primary mission and services correspond to one of the following organisational types:
Organisations providing these types of housing services:
- Low- and moderate-income housing
- Organisations that provide care and housing for the aged
Organisations that provide education, job training, and literacy support to underserved populations through any of the following program types:
- Apprentice training
- Job training, counseling or assistance
- Educational services and remedial reading and encouragement organisations
- Organisations that supply money, goods, or services to the poor
- Organisations that provide rehabilitation to convicts, ex-convicts, alcoholics, drug abusers, or compulsive gamblers
- Organisations that provide aid to persons with disabilities
- Certain community service organisations that mainly serve the poor
- Organisations that provide care and housing of children, work to prevent cruelty to children, and combat juvenile delinquency
- Organisations that provide youth development programs, except those that focus on business or government
- Community health planning organisations
- Patient and family support organisations
- Mental health care organisations
- Environmental organisations that focus on conservation or preventing pollution
The following types of organisations are not eligible to receive Cisco donations through this program:
- Faith-based organisations. However, organisations whose primary mission is non religous might be able to register with an organisation type that is eligible for Cisco donations.
- Legislative and political advocacy groups, such as Planned Parenthood organisations
- Radio, television, media, publishing programs, or training
- Foundations, lending, grant-making organisations, or organisations that provide funding or loans
- Schools and scholarships: public schools or school systems; private schools; charter schools; school foundations; booster clubs or other fundraising organizations affiliated with particular schools; colleges; universities; scholarships or stipend programs of any kind
- Charities that offer Cisco Networking Academy training programs — even if they were previously accepted for Cisco grants — and those who instruct Networking Academy curriculum as a single or separate component of their overall mission or services
- Referral services
- Animal care services and facilities
- Scientific research activities
- Sports activities and services
- Day care centers
- Legal aid, credit counseling, and civil rights activities
- Cultural and historical organizations
- Rescue and emergency services — fire departments (including volunteer) and ambulance and helicopter services
- Emergency or disaster aid funds
- Hospitals and nursing homes
- Any organisation that advocates, supports, or practices discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background
All Cisco products include five years of Cisco SMARTnet service and support on both hardware and software. Three weeks after your donation has arrived in its entirety, your SMARTnet contract number will be available on the Donation Request History page in your Enclude Tech Donations account. After that coverage expires, donation recipients are strongly encouraged to renew their SMARTnet service and support agreement annually, for as long as they own the equipment or until that equipment is declared end of life (EOL) and no longer supported by Cisco.
Requests may be partially fulfilled: Due to the nature of the network design, product availability, and fiscal year schedules, all product donations are subject to change or delay without notice. Cisco reserves the right to substitute functionally equivalent products for any request.
Warranty information for Cisco products can be found at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/prod_warranties_listing.html.
Cisco products may not be transferred or resold.